Jennifer's Auto Repair Services
A Full Service ASE Certified NAPA Auto Repair Center
- Heating and Air Conditioning: Is your heater not hot or air conditioning not cold? There are many reasons your car's climate control system might not be working. Jennifer's ASE Certified Mechanics are equipped to check for leaks and are specially trained to repair today's automotive air conditioning and climate control systems.
- Alternator: An alternator's job is to keep your battery charged and provides power to your lights and electrical accessories on your car while it is running. Symptoms of a bad alternator include hard or slow cranking sounds when you try to start your vehicle, dim head lights, and "BATT" or "GEN" indicator lights glowing on the dash. If you think you have a bad alternator, Jennifer's Auto Repair Mechanics are trained to fix and/or replace your alternator.
- Axles: Axles connect to the wheels and they bear the weight of your entire vehicle. They also help drive your vehicle, and in most cars are an integral part of the steering system. If you hear clicking and popping sounds when you're driving and especially when you turn the wheel your axel is in need of repair. No worries, Jennifer's Auto Mechanics can help as axel repair is a common service we provide.
A car battery provides the power needed to start your vehicle and can fail without warning. Signs your battery is bad include your dashboard battery light coming on, a ticking or clicking sound when you start your car or your vehicle just won't start. A battery's average life is three to five years under normal driving conditions and need regular maintenance to perform at their best. If think your battery is in need of maintenance or repair Jennifer's Auto Repair can help.
- Check Engine Light: The Check Engine Light is a warning indicator. If it comes on it means your vehicle has determined that your emission control system is not working properly and stores the diagnostic codes in the engine control module. To address a Check Engine Light problem, Jennifer's Auto Repair is equipped to retrieve the diagnostic information in order to determine and repair the problem.
Your vehicle’s brakes are one feature that should always be in top working condition. Keeping your brakes in good working order can prevent costly repairs down the line, and, more importantly, help you avoid a collision. Some signs of brake problems include reduced responsiveness, if the pedal sinks toward the floor, if your vehicle pulls to one side while braking, if they make a grinding or growling metallic sound, or if the pedal vibrates or pulsates. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please contact Jennifer's and one of our ASE Certified Mechanics will diagnose and fix the problem.
- Exhaust: A damaged exhaust system will interfere with your car's performance by failing to clear harmful elements from the engine, and release carcinogens into the atmosphere as well as pose a health threat if not detected. Some warning signs of exhaust problems include signs of cracks or fissures along the pipe, for signs of burned or discolored paint, if it makes a recurring hiss or unusual popping noise, or if there are holes, punctures, or undue rust. If you notice any of these symptoms please contact Jennifer's and one of our ASE Certified mechanics will diagnose and fix it.
- Headlamps: Good night vision when driving is of the utmost importance. Diagnosing a problem with your headlamps is by far one of the easiest you will be able to do. If you notice the brightness of your headlamps are diminishing let us help. Jennifer's auto repair mechanics can quickly and affordably replace your headlamps at your convenience.
- Shocks & Struts: Your car's suspension not only keeps your car riding smoothly, it keeps your wheels in proper contact with the road and gives you safe steering and braking. Symptoms of bad shocks and struts include the vehicle bottoming out, if the vehicle drifts to the left or right when braking, sways, bounces or you notice excessive tire wear. If you notice any of these symptoms it is time to bring your car in for service. Jennifer's mechanics are trained to diagnose and repair all shock and strut problems.
- Suspension: Your vehicle's suspension system is an intricate network of cooperating components designed to give you a smooth, even, stable ride. If you notice that your vehicle pulls to one side when you are driving, the wheels wander and wiggle rapidly back and forth or if you vehicle keeps going up and down after you go over a bump you most likely have suspension problems. To diagnose the unevenness of your ride let Jennifer's Auto Mechanics take a look and tell you what is going on with your suspension.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System: A tire pressure monitoring system is an electronic system designed to monitor the air pressure on certain types of vehicles. Jennifer's ASE Certified Mechanics are trained to repair all TPMS systems for all foreign and domestic vehicles.
- Water Pump: Your water pump is responsible for circulating coolant through your engine to keep it running at the optimum temperature. Without proper cooling, facilitated in part by the water pump, your engine will overheat and possibly even seize up. Symptoms of a broken water pump include your temperature gauge shows your vehicle is running hotter than normal, there is a leak, you hear a low and grinding to high and squealing, your air conditioning goes out, or you see a green, pink or orange fluid leaking from you vehicle.
- Wheel Bearings: Signs of a worn wheel bearing vary in severity. Noise is a classic sign of a bad wheel bearing. Signs of a worn wheel bearing include hearing a snapping, clicking or popping, these is a grinding sound when the vehicle is in motion, there is a knocking or clunking when you accelerate or slow down, there is a humming sound when the vehicle turns left or right or there is a wheel vibration. When any of these symptoms are present, take immediate action. Jennifer's Auto Mechanics are trained to diagnose and repair wheel bearing problems on all vehicles.
- Alignment: Proper wheel alignment extends the life of your tires, provides significantly better gas mileage, a more comfortable ride, and makes your car safer. If you feel your car pulling to the left or the right, notice tire wear, a shimmy or vibration in your steering wheel, off center steering or an overall feeling of wandering or looseness in your vehicle you are most likely due for an alignment. Let Jennifer's ASE Certified Mechanics handle your alignment maintenance.
- Cabin Air Filter: The cabin air filter is an essential part of your car's ventilation system that removes pollutants from the air before they get inside the passenger compartment. The filter should be replaced about every 12 to 15k miles. At Jennifer's our Auto Mechanics will check your filter during service to make sure that it gets replaced at the correct time interval.
- Cooling System: The primary job of the cooling system is to keep the engine from overheating by transferring its heat to the air. If your vehicle is overheating there are number of things that could be wrong with the cooling system and should be addressed immediately. For a diagnosis of the problems occurring with your coolant system please let Jennifer's friendly auto mechanics take a look at your vehicle.
- Differential Service: Lubricated differentials are found in two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive and rear wheel drive vehicles. Periodic replacement of the lubrication is specified by vehicle manufacturers to maintain the performance and life of the differential. Jennifer's ASE Certified Mechanics will check your differential during service to make sure it is in good operating condition.
- Engine Air Filter: Any part of a vehicle that takes in air needs a way to remove pollutants. This is why cars have air filters. True, they require regular maintenance but this is one of the simplest and least expensive procedures you can perform for your car. When Jennifer's performs service on your vehicle we make sure that your filters are replaced when they need to be.
- Fuel System: When you press your vehicles gas pedal, the pedal tells the throttle valve how much air to let in and the computer tells the fuel system how much fuel to deliver. Over time dirt, varnish build-up, corrosion and carbon deposits collect to restrict the flow of air and fuel to your engine. With Jennifer's Auto Repair Tune-up we'll clean the fuel system and combustion chamber to keep your vehicle performing at its best.
- Oil Change: One of the most frequent forms of preventative maintenance is to change your vehicle's oil. Over time oil turns to sludge and can ruin your engine if you don't change it regularly. At Jennifer's we provide quick and cost effective oil changes.
- Serpentine Belt: The serpentine belt transfers power from the engine to operate various engine components, including the alternator, water pump, power steering pump and the air conditioner compressor. It is also important to change the serpentine belt at various intervals to maintain the longevity of your vehicle. At Jennifer's we can evaluate the condition of your serpentine belt and replace it for you when it is necessary.
- Spark Plugs: A spark plug is a high voltage bridge for electricity. When the electricity crosses the bridge inside your engine, the spark it makes ignites the gas vapors, which makes the engine run. Like all other engine parts the too need to be replaced at various intervals. At Jennifer's Auto Repair we will evaluate the condition of your spark plugs and replace them if they need to be.
- Steering: Your steering wheel is what allows you to maneuver your vehicle. And as with any critical component, the steering system needs proper maintenance. Each manufacturer has different requirements for the maintenance of the steering which Jennifer's ASE Certified Mechanic's will be able to assist you with as they are trained to work on all makes and models of vehicle.
- Timing Belt: Your timing belt should be replaced every 50-70,000 miles. Carmakers have specified the replacement intervals for timing belts. As ASE Certified Shop we have the knowledge and training to replace all makes and models of vehicle.
- Transfer Case Service: Transfer Cases are found on four-wheel drive and all-wheel drive vehicles. Transfer case fluid provides lubrication to gears, bearings, shafts, and other internal components. Heat, pressure and friction slowly breakdown the additives in the transfer case fluid and it becomes contaminated overtime. Jennifer's Auto Mechanics can help you service your vehicles transfer case to keep your vehicle working at its optimal condition.
- Transmission: Your transmission is what makes your vehicle go into motion. To keep your transmission in top condition regular maintenance is important. At Jennifer's Auto Repair we can service all vehicle manufacturers both domestic and foreign manual and automatic transmissions.
- Windshield Wipers: Worn windshield wiper blades can be dangerous. Because you need a clear view of the road in order to drive it's important that your car's windshield wipers provide you with the cleanest windshield possible. If you are in need of new wipers Jennifer's can help! Just let us know and we'll take care of it for you.
To learn how we can help you with basic auto maintenance and/or more complex auto repair issues please call us today! (509)926-5393 - Extension 2